United Way of Inner Wisconsin
WELCOME TO UNITED WAY OF INNER WISCONSIN
United Way News
It's Stuff the Bus Season Again!
- By Amy Fluno, United Way’s 2-1-1 Program Director
- Summer vacation has just arrived - you wouldn’t think we should be talking about school supplies already but we are! There are families in our community who struggle to afford school supplies for their children. This is where we can all help and make a difference. Stuff the Bus and Stuff the Desk are coming soon and we need your donations. More...
Community Impact Update
- By Tari Jahns, United Way of Inner Wisconsin’s CEO
- Earlier this spring United Way held a series of Community Conversations in our service areas. These events were well attended and gave us the opportunity to connect with our communities in a whole new way. The participants were from a variety of backgrounds and each had a different story and path that brought them to become engaged in this process. We had partner programs, donors, service recipients and community members who came to share their thoughts. For those who could not attend face to face we had a companion survey that could be taken online or by paper copy. More...
United We CAN!
- The event will be on Friday June 28, 2013 at the Rapids Mall, building will take place between 10am and 4pm. UNITED WE CAN is a food sculpture contest to see which participating organization in south Wood County can build the most creative and visually captivating sculpture out of cans (or other basic needs items) donated by employees and friends. After the event, the South Wood County Hunger Coalition will distribute the collected items to area participating food programs.
- Form a team today! It could be family members, co-workers, a civic organization, your church or any group of people who care about our community of any age. You may build any kind of structure; it can be as simple as a logo or as complicated as you wish. The sculptures will be on display at the Rapids Mall June 28th -30th for the public to see. A team of judges will award a prize to the top three sculptures!
- For official rules and to see ideas of sculptures, click here. To register contact Amy at United Way of Inner Wisconsin at 715-421-0390 or email@example.com, the deadline is June 14, 2013.
- If you would like to learn more about the South Wood County Hunger Coalition please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-421-0390.
- Help us build awareness around hunger issues in our community!